17 July 2016
AWS provides editing and revision of academic, business, legal, legislative and technical writings; authoring compository writings; as well as, general transcription services.
Editing of academic, legal, and technical writings, as well as, authoring general compository writings, depending on the field. Also provide transcription services.
Can communicate via email, Google Docs, Hangout, and other web-enabled platforms. Rate is $45.00 per hour, and one free hour included per ten hours completed. Further discounts are available for the disabled (42 C.F.R. 12131 and DSM V), current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as, fixed-income "mature" adults. If you are interested in my services, I first review your piece and assess potential contributions. If you are satisfied with the feedback and direction, editing commences and, hence, billing begins. A two-hour retainer is required as a deposit, and work is performed in accordance to our agreed-upon contract.
Further, all publications have Adobe Professional security options for you to keep files safe.
Educated and experienced in APA, APSA, ASA, Chicago and MLA citation styles for academic work, as well as, AP, California Style Manual and Gregg's for legal and technical works. My focus is on the structure and mechanics of your writing; the overall organization of your publication, and where it takes the reader. For original work, will provide substantive suggestions and direct content, but otherwise, will provide an overall emphasis and intellectual depth, especially if the piece is a subject I have scholarship in.
● Ten years' experience with state and local governments and statewide nonprofits producing a variety of written materials, including: memorandums, newsletters, press releases, surveys and "talking points."
● Minor in Professional Writing, emphasis in technical writing -- U.C. Davis.
● Writing courses completed in business, critical thinking, compository, legal, philosophical and technical emphases.
o Chief Editor of five student-government newsletters;
o Interviews Editor and Staff Writer for Davis Political Review;
o columnist for Glendora Life magazine;
o contributor to the "Mountaineer" -- Mt. San Antonio College ("Mt. SAC");
o contributor to the California State Rail Plan; as well as,
o peer review editor at U.C. Davis and Mt. SAC.
● Research assistant at U.C. Davis, and have a background in academic, legal, legislative and scientific research.
● Award of Excellence for U.C. Davis' Undergraduate Research Conference (2013) -- conducted research on Cal/EPA's Scientific Peer-Review program, finding potential recommendations to mitigate non-scientific influence and error.
● Completed paralegal courses for business, constitutional, and first amendment law, as well as, contract development and administration.
● Bachelors in Public Service (POL) and Law & Society (SOC) -- U.C. Davis.
● Associate degrees (4) in:
o Communications & Language Arts,
o Fine Arts & Humanities,
o Social & Behavioral Sciences, and
o Liberal Studies (Mt. SAC).
● Recent courses taken in customer service, management and supervision -- Sacramento City College.
● "Educational Paraprofessional" and four leadership certificates -- Mt. SAC / CSU Fullerton.
● President's list, Dean's list, Honor's student and teaching assistant for the Department of Sociology (Mt. SAC).
● Forthcoming dual MBA / MPA in Sustainable Management -- Presidio Graduate School.
● Forthcoming graduate certificate in Transportation and Land-Use Planning from San Jose State.
Additional scholarship and employment have been in the subjects of mass- and sustainable transportation and planning, environmental protection, state and federal legislative processes, government administration and bureaucracy, as well as, mental health and psychology.
PLEASE NOTE: Despite working analytically in legal and regulatory offices and environments, I am not an attorney, paralegal, nor notary public; I will only accept work in which I am academically and legally qualified to do so. Additionally, if you have not commissioned professional services before, I would advise you against requesting my services. Some inexperienced potential clients expect an instant turnaround for services, and that is not possible; minimum response time is 48 hours - still amazing timing for professional services.
Please reply via email for additional information, and writing and editing samples are always available upon request.
Thank you for your time.